As the founder of Winternet, Minnesota's first ISP, he delivered Internet access and web hosting services to tens of thousands of Minnesotans. As the CTO of VISI.com from 1996 to 2004 he again was at the forefront of hosting design and management -- creating high-performance, redundant hosting platforms both for VISI.com's customer base as a whole and as specialized, stand-alone enterprise solutions for individual businesses.
Previously CTO/President of ipHouse he turned his expertise toward designing and deploying virtualization platforms that offer improvements over traditional cloud hosting.
Now Director of Network Engineering at Atomic Data, LLC, he now leads teams servicing businesses of all sizes, from many different industries. Click here for more info about Atomic.
Come and ask your own questions about how virtualization can help your production and development environments. Learn how to implement and leverage virtualization to save energy and the planet!
Questions that might be asked to start the discussion:
- What exactly is virtualization?
- Why should I care about virtualization?
- How does virtualization benefit me?
- Is all virtualization the same? What are the differences between VMware, Zen, Hyper-V?
- Are virtual servers any less reliable than physical servers?
- What types of applications are best suited to virtual servers?
- Is my data vulnerable on a virtual server or in the cloud?
- How much control will I have over my virtual machine?
- I want to be an informed consumer and thats why I attended this silly presentation. What are the top 10 questions I should ask a hosting provider about their virtual servers?