Publish or Perish or Self-Publish: From Franklin to eBook Same Game, New Rules
Time: 9:40 to 10:25
blog comments powered by Disqus
The power of the press was revolutionary 300 years ago with Ben Franklin and other early American printers, and the nature of the press is revolutionary today with the advent of ebooks and independent publishing.
Ereaders, smart phones and tablets can download ebooks in seconds for free, for 99 or more than $9.99 from online bookstores, libraries or mobile apps. Readers can find titles from any genre by most authors in any length from pamphlet to story to magazine to novella to novel to journal to enhanced ebook. And, most any writer can publish an ebook in days across major markets for the cost of a $100-dollar Franklin note.
Get a quick primer on the technology trends and industry issues. Hear a panel discussion on key topics, and bring questions of your own.
- How are publishers adapting to technology & industry changes?
- What are the pros & cons of authors as independent publishers?
- How are the iPad & Kindle Fire used for enhanced ebooks?
- Will the EPUB standard propel ebooks with XHTML5 & CSS3?
- How has the definition of book & the creative process changed?