Physical APIs * Connecting Software to Hardware
blog comments powered by Disqus
'Update: Notes, links, and other information will be available at . I'll try to get that posted within the next day.
- "Cheap" * Cheap means a $19 motherboard and $3 sensors.
- "Software" * Modern languages like Ruby, Processing, and Flash AS3.
Of the many types of hardware, this will have a slant towards controlling home/office electrical devices, homebrew devices, hardware hacks, and robotics. A little more along the lines of "Make" magazine, minus the steampunks.
- iDigi (Mesh networking, web service to remotely control sensors)
- Lilypad (wearable computing)
- Relationship to moble apps (think accelerometers)
- How to get started.
- Where to find parts.
- A proposal for Connectorizing Arduino. I can bring examples.
I will include an Arduino demo, with inputs and outputs driven by a Flash App. If there's time, I might include an iDigi demo.