iOS Development for the Beginner
Time: 11:40 to 12:25
blog comments powered by Disqus
You've seen the numbers: 315 million devices worldwide, 25 billion app downloads, more than four billion dollars paid to developers. You've heard that this is an extraordinary time to be an Apple developer, but you don't know where to begin.
This session will get you started. You'll get a high-level overview of Objective-C (the primary language used to develop iOS apps), an introduction to XCode and Interface Builder (Apple's IDE), and a quick introduction to the major frameworks. You'll also receive a handy list of additional resources and topics you can explore when you're ready to dive deeper.
- developer.apple.com - The ultimate resource
- Apple's wonderful "Start Developing iOS Apps Today" Guide
- Apple's "The Objective-C Programming Language"
- Apple's "iOS Human Interface Guidelines"
- NSScreencasts - Weekly bite-sized screencasts on iOS development
- Ray Wenderlich Tutorials - Tutorials for iPhone / iOS Dvelopers and Gamers
- Stanford iTunesU videos: Developing Apps for iOS
- Maniac Dev - iPhone, iOS5, iPad SDK Development Tutorial and Programming Tips
- Apps Amuck - Open source example applications
- Programming iOS 5 (2nd Edition), Matt Neuburg - Fundamentals of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Development
- Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide