Data Center 101
Room: Stephen Leacock
blog comments powered by Disqus
We will review the basic requirements for data centers.. The Critical Infrastructure components of: SPACE, POWER, COOLING, NETWORK and SECURITY. What options do you have and why you might choose one vs. the other? Deploy in your office, a collocation data center or the cloud?
Together we will discuss the following questions:
- What are the benefits of being in a collocation data center vs. in my office?
- What are the basic types of colocation data centers & why would I choose one vs. another?
- When should I consider having a DR (Disaster Recovery) site for my data center?
- When should I consider a Managed Services Provider and what options do they offer?
- When should I consider a Cloud solution vs. or in addition to a collocation data center or my office data center?