Chasing Ninja Rockstars: Searching For Top Talent and Why We're Doing It All Wrong
blog comments powered by Disqus
If you are involved with web or mobile technology in any way (or if you just pay attention to the world) you know that the industry is constantly in need of talented programmers and designers. Employers struggle to find, hire, and retain talent. Employees flounder when trying to evolve their skills in order to remain relevant. It's possible that the solutions to these problems are much more subtle than we think.
Drawing from anecdotal evidence as well as research, we'll address the following questions and topics:
- I hired the best programmers and designers I could find, but my product still sucks.
- Why is it so hard to find an iOS developer?
- I can't get a job without experience, but I can't get experience without a job.
- The best advice anybody ever gave me: "Do better." Why the problem might actually be YOU.
- Transform yourself into a rockstar and get $paid.