Building a File System From Scratch
blog comments powered by Disqus
What's involved in developing a new file system? What tools are available to help design, develop, and test file systems?
This session is a conversation about how new technologies and new opportunities drive innovation in file systems. I'll be speaking based on my experiences at Tintri and Kealia, but I welcome other perspectives as well--- please feel free to join in with your own experience, ideas, and questions!
- Why build a new file system? (Aren't the 70+ that Linux supports enough?)
- FUSE, VFS, NFS and other interfaces: how to hook your file system up to the rest of the world
- Bootstrapping and development
- Design verification, model checking, and testing: how to get it right!
- Pitfalls and lessons learned
- New ideas