Meetings/December 7 2012 - Board update
In lieu of a December 2012 board meeting this writeup was circulated to update board members on status.
- MinneDemo 13 is planned and underway in just a few days.
- A typical lineup in the past was 10 demos with an intermission; this time we are trying 7 demos, no intermission.
- The new minne✱ website was launched this week! Huge kudos to Ben, Adrienne, Casey, and Dylan on this project!
- Next up: new email templates to coordinate with the website.
- A new team minne✱ website was launched to help minne✱ volunteers (catalysts, event volunteers, board) collaborate. Register an account to join the fun.
- Basecamp is being terminated.
- Adrienne has identified an accountant for us to work with.
- Moving forward with agreement that will have a monthly cap on expense.
- Created Catalysts of the Year program and announcing 2012 honorees at MinneDemo 13.
- Next potential event: Community Supporter and Sponsor Happy Hour (target = January)
- (to do)
Board meeting schedule for 2013
- (to do)
Board:Strategy Session 2012 agenda drafted
Follow up from previous to-dos: (fill in any updates)
- talk to Olson Thielen about bookkeeping help (Kevin)
- draft 2013 budget (Jamie)
look into back-office administrative support services (bookkeeping, invoicing, etc.) (Sona)- SENT
- Follow up on back-office support and determine if they are a good fit (Adrienne)
- talk to venue possibilities for MinneBar (Jim)
schedule Board Strategy session (Jamie)-complete, December 17th