The minne✱ Executive Committee is focused on fiscal responsibilities, resource planning/evaluation, board governance and overall strategic planning.
Areas of Responsibility
- Advise and develop finance policy and procedures
- Review financial statements monthly
- Ensure audit activities, tax filings and compliance requirements are completed as required
- Review and recommend annual budget to the Board of Directors
- Review resources required for minne✱ operations
- If necessary, hire, evaluate and review compensation for Executive Director
- Lead board in strategic planning
Board Composition, Recruitment and Knowledge
- Identification of needs for board composition
- Networking with board members and other parties to identify and recruit prospective board members
- Qualify prospective board members
- Present candidate nominations to the board
- New Member Orientation
- Identify education needs of board
Board Committee Structure/Assignment
- Review committee structure and ensure they match needs of board functions
- Evaluate membership needs of committees
- Appoint membership into various committees
- Assessment of Board performance, guidelines and policies.
Board Governance Compliance
- Ensure proper Board Governance
- Periodically review, update, and establish board guidelines and practices, including Bylaws, Conflict of Interest and Annual Affirmations
Discussion and consensus reached within the purpose and areas of responsibility of the Executive Committee. If consensus cannot be reached, a vote will be conducted. Voting requires a quorum consisting of a majority of members.
Membership and Composition of Committee
There is a minimum of 2 members on the committee:
- The Board Chair
- One or more additional members from the board of directors.
- Executive Director (if exists)
Terms of Committee Members
Members commit to service for at least one year. In general, members are invited to serve for as long as they desire. The committee year is consistent with that of the Board of Directors.
Frequency of Meetings
The committee will meet 3-6 times a year.
Members are expected to attend all committee meetings. If a member misses three consecutive meetings without notification that staff or the Committee Chair, the committee chair reserves the right to request the member’s resignation from the committee. Participating via audio or video conferencing constitutes attendance at a meeting.
The Chair of the committee is the elected minne✱ Board Chair.
Minutes are taken and reviewed by the committee.