The minne* Events Committee is focused planning and executing events to fulfill the mission of minne*.
Areas of Responsibility
Annual Event Planning and Scheduling
- Establishes overall timing and plan of events including multiple minnedemo and minnebar and other events as identified
- Ensure events are aligned with the culture of minne*
Promotion of minne* and events
- Establishes plan and executes general awareness/marketing tactics to ensure success of events and increase awareness of minne*
Event Execution and Evaluation
- Ensure event is executed with excellence
- Conducts evaluations of each event and applies learning to future events
Volunteer Coordination and Engagement
- Leads volunteer coordination to support events
- Ensure positive engagement for volunteers and provide proper recognition
Discussion and consensus reached within the purpose and areas of responsibility of the Event Committee. If consensus cannot be reached, a vote will be conducted. Voting requires a quorum consisting of a majority of members.
Membership and Composition of Committee
There is a minimum of 2 members on the committee:
- Two or more members from the board of directors.
- Executive Director (if exists)
Terms of Committee Members
Members commit to service for at least one year. In general, members are invited to serve for as long as they desire. The committee year is consistent with that of the Board of Directors.
Frequency of Meetings
The committee will meet 3-6 times a year.
Members are expected to attend all committee meetings. If a member misses three consecutive meetings without notification that staff or the Committee Chair, the committee chair reserves the right to request the member’s resignation from the committee. Participating via audio or video conferencing constitutes attendance at a meeting.
The Chair of the committee is appointed by the minne* Board Chair.
Notes from the meeting are taken and reviewed by the committee.